11th May, 2022 - 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM ET
The Power of Networking
Based on 2021 research, making connections and building relationships are JUST AS IMPORTANT career activities as updating your résumé and LinkedIn profile. Why? Because strengthening current relationships can lead to opportunities to build new ones with people who have influence, as well as inspiring people who can support you throughout your career. While people generally believe in the power and validity of networking to help them find their next great job, many see this activity as painful, uncomfortable, or even daunting. Is that you? In this workshop, you will learn how to lessen the intimidating aspects of networking, derive the leads and information you need, and present yourself in the most professional way.
Presented by Amy Cleveland, TBJL Career Strategist
What We Will Cover:
- Stretch out of your comfort zone in order to connect with people who can move your career forward
- Reach a community of people who will support and be advocates for you
- How networking and informational meetings can help you get closer to your career goals
- Learn how an informational meeting can help uncover the “hidden job market” that could lead to your next job opportunity
- Develop a networking strategy that works for your career – today and in the future
Materials Needed: There are no materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 1 hour and 15 minutes. Please plan to log into Zoom 5 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: Free
Dress: Business casual
Virtual: Via Zoom
Registration Required: Please register below.
TampaBay-Job-Links, a program of Gulf Coast JFCS, is supported by philanthropic donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations.