11th March, 2020 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques, Compose Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes & Email
Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition – Evening Workshop Series Session 4 of 4
Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques
Compose Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes & Email
Facilitated by a TBJL Career Strategist.
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Dinner will be provided.
Switching Gears – Evening Workshops are a 4-session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant, and practical tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
Session 4 – Outcomes:
- Recognize the different types of interviews.
- Increase your effectiveness in answering challenging interview questions.
- Make your written communication jump off the page.
- Develop cover letters and targeted email.
Session 4 – What We Will Cover:
- How to respond to the most-asked interview questions
- How to formulate questions during an interview that demonstrate your intelligence, curiosity, and experience
- Develop written communication that gets attention and makes a positive impression
- Customizing your written correspondence
- Match your cover letters to the job description
Session 4 – Materials to Bring:
- A copy of your résumé
- Writing samples: cover letter, thank-you note, emails (if you have them)
- Business (or networking) cards (if you have them)
- A recent job description for which you’ve applied or which you are considering
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$50 for the entire 4-part series or $15 per Switching Gears session.
Dress: Business casual. Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register and prepay HERE, or call (813) 344-0200.