4th March, 2020 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Manage Networking, Conduct Informational Meetings, Target & Research Companies
Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition – Evening Workshop Series Session 3 of 4
Conduct Informational Meetings
Target & Research Companies
Facilitated by a TBJL Career Strategist.
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Dinner will be provided.
Switching Gears – Evening Workshops are a 4-session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant, and practical tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
Session 3 – Outcomes:
- Develop a career-long networking strategy.
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts.
- Discover the best methods to make network connections, and arrange & conduct successful informational meetings.
- Arrange & conduct successful informational meetings.
- Develop a targeted company letter.
Session 3 – What We Will Cover:
- The myths and realities of networking
- The major networks and who’s in them
- Keys to successful networking
- Understand informational meetings and their benefit to job seekers
- How to arrange & conduct informational meetings
- Where and how to target companies and find company information
Session 3 – Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- Business cards (if you have them)
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$50 for the entire 4-part series or $15 per Switching Gears session.
Dress: Business casual. Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register and prepay HERE, or call (813) 344-0200.