6th September, 2019 - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
How to Write Customized Thank-You Notes and Targeted Email
The ability to develop well-composed written communication is an essential job-search skill. This workshop focuses on two specific types of writing: (1) a customized thank-you note that would typically follow up on a job interview or a networking meeting; and (2) a targeted email, one that is written to someone you know (e.g., in your network), for a specific reason or a request, Whether you’re completing a job application, sending a follow-up thank-you note, or composing targeted email, your personalized written words have the potential to impress the reader and make you memorable. Additionally, your written communication can demonstrate your acumen, interest, and writing ability. Everything that you write gives you the opportunity to remind professionals about your value and experience while, at the same time, creating a bridge from where you are to reaching the career goals you want to achieve.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist.
- Develop customized thank-you notes and targeted email that result in action on the part of the reader
- Present an image of you as a polished professional
- Create a positive impact with your writing
What We Will Cover:
- How to compose customized thank-you notes and targeted email using a structured format
- Tailor thank-you notes to a specific situation (e.g., job interview, networking meeting)
- The 4 key elements to writing a successful thank-you note
- How to write targeted email for several specific scenarios
- Ways to create a positive impression in the mind of the reader
Please bring a sample thank-you note and the specific scenario for which you wrote it.
2.5 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N West Shore Blvd., Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.