26th March, 2020 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM: To Be Rescheduled
Transferring Your Skills and Re-Careering
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the decision to transfer your skills to a new work function or industry: the current job market, salary, lack of job satisfaction, and/or lifestyle changes. The decision to transfer your skills and re-career is an important one; however, there is a great deal you can do – research, assessments, and planning – to prepare in making this important decision.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist.
Supported by the Rooms to Go Foundation.
- Determine if re-careering is the right step for you
- Identify your transferable skills
- Explore potential skill uses and career changes
- Identify the best networking contacts to help you re-career
What We Will Cover:
- Assess and analyze your work values, skills, and interests
- Determine your competency and interest level for many types of skills
- Identify potential new careers and/or industries
- Understand the 5-step career-change plan
- Identify specific network contacts for your career-change options
Please bring a copy of your résumé.
3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15 guest fee.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.