27th September, 2018 - 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Preparing for Your Interview
For some people, even the thought of a job interview can be intimidating. However, with proper preparation, you can become a confident interviewee, an active listener, and someone who asks interesting, relevant questions. Gain an inside look at the different types of interviews, learn to develop customized interview strategies, and have an opportunity to be video recorded, where you will gain valuable feedback on your live interview.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
- Understand and identify different types of interviews
- Be prepared to answer any type of interview question
- Develop specific questions to ask based on your research, as well as from the interview itself
- Increase your comfort level with the interview process
What We Will Cover:
- The different types of interviews and their characteristics
- How to develop a strategy for each type of interview
- The 4 different ways that people communicate during an interview
- Ways to handle unexpected or challenging questions
- Select the most relevant accomplishments to use during the interview
- How to answer nearly 40 interview questions
- Two copies of your résumé
- An interview scenario which should include
- A company name (real or fictitious)
- The company’s industry or the position’s functional area
- The interviewer’s title or position
- A copy of the job description.
Workshop Length: 6½ hours (includes a one-hour lunch break), plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Maximum number of registrants: 8
Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.