31st March, 2016 - 9:30 AM - 12:15 PM
Networking: The Best Way to Find Employment!
Networking was, and still is, the number one way to find the right job. Based on the reality of the “hidden” job market, networking can put you in front of people who have or know about job leads, which may not be openly posted on job sites or company websites. This workshop helps you to identify the people in your network, to prioritize their ability to offer you information, and to conduct a networking conversation.
- Learn tools and techniques for efficient, successful networking
- Present yourself with confidence and competence
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts
What We Will Cover:
- The short-term and long-term benefits of networking
- Identifying existing contacts in your primary and secondary networks
- Develop the best networking attitude and demeanor
- How to be successful with the four communication styles of people you’ll meet
- Draft a 30-second networking introduction
- Practice an introductory networking conversation
- Experience the power of a live real-time networking event!
- Bring business or networking cards and your 30-second commercial.
Workshop Length: 3 hours
- Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early. Workshops will begin and end on time.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, or those who are looking to enhance their networking skills.
Cost to Attend:
- Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
- Send an email to email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.
Dress: Business casual
Click below to download this information in a PDF:< Back to list