16th January, 2020 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Navigating the Ups and Downs of Career Transition
People often say that the only constant is change, and in today’s world – particularly in the world of work – that seems to be the case! Although change may be challenging, the result can be a transition that ultimately provides you with insights, learning, and balance. Learn how you can manage this emotional roller coaster and how to navigate the phases of your professional career transition.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
- Understand the three phases of transition
- Determine where you are in the career transition process
- Identify tools, resources, and strategies for managing your personal and professional transition
What We Will Cover:
- Identify your personal reaction to change
- Clearly define and understand the 3-phases of transition and their characteristics
- Develop strategies for handling each of the three transition phases
- How to maintain a positive attitude during change and transition
- Manage the stress often associated with both change and transition
- How to view the transition process as necessary, healthy, and positive
There are no materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 2¾ hours. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.