26th September, 2019 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Interviewing for Success
Interviewing can be intimidating and often times scary. In this interactive workshop we will answer the 5 Big Questions of Interviewing:
- Why do I have to interview?
- What are they looking for?
- How do I answer the questions?
- What questions should I ask?
- What do I do after the interview?
You will leave this workshop with the confidence of knowing that, with a little pre-work, you will ace your interview and you can land that job! Come prepared to participate. All attendees will receive a list of the most frequently asked interview questions and the tools to answer them all.
Guest Presenter: Michael Goodman, PHR, Senior Human Resource Business Partner at Kforce
- Understand what is expected in the interview process
- Acquire tools to answer common interview questions
- Identify appropriate questions to ask at an interview
- Develop a plan to prepare for interviews and how to respond after the interview
- Present yourself during interviews with confidence and competence
What we will cover
- Common questions candidates have about interviewing
- Frequently asked interview questions and how to answer them
There are no special materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 1.5 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.