3rd October, 2019 - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
How to Write Persuasive LinkedIn Messages, Targeted Email, and Thank-You Notes
A productive job search involves a great deal of writing, for example: 1) setting up a meeting with a LinkedIn connection 2) following up with a hiring manager after an interview, or 3) enlisting the help of people in your network to find employment. What you write makes a difference to everyone – the difference between opening doors or being ignored. Discover techniques and templates that you can adapt for many writing scenarios – and make your written communications hit the mark every time.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist.
- Develop customized LinkedIn messages, targeted email, and thank-you notes that generate action on the part of the reader
- Present yourself as a polished communicator
- Increase the impact of your writing
What We Will Cover:
- How to analyze, critique, and improve your written communication
- Compose LinkedIn messages, email, and thank-you notes using a structured format
- Insert keywords (when appropriate) into correspondence that make your writing more engaging
- How to use action verbs to give your writing energy
Please bring your résumé and samples of your writing if you have them (such as LinkedIn messages, follow-up email, and thank-you notes).
2.5 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N West Shore Blvd., Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.