3rd January, 2020 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Getting Organized and Staying on Track During Job Search
Conducting a job search can be a daunting task – and it’s a full-time job! The ability to organize yourself and manage your daily and weekly activities can spell the difference between losing focus or successfully reaching your career goals. Not only can being well organized help you to work smarter throughout your job search, it can also assist you to enhance and demonstrate a higher level of professionalism during interviews, networking, and informational meetings. No matter what stage you may be in during the job-search process, this workshop will help you acquire practical tools and strategies to get and stay organized!
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
- Treat your job search like a job
- Use the proper tools to plan your activities
- Track and record your key actions
- Avoid distractions
- Leave a lasting, positive impression with interviewers
- Evaluate your progress and adapt to changing circumstances
What We Will Cover:
- How to structure your day for maximum results
- The advantages of prioritizing tasks & planning each day
- How to manage your time and avoid having your time manage you
- Key time-management principles
- The art of using a portfolio to distinguish yourself from other candidates
No materials needed for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 18 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.
< Back to list