20th February, 2020 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Enhancing Your LinkedIn Profile and Presence
In today’s business world, your career success is in direct correlation with your network and networking abilities, and LinkedIn is one of your top-ranked networking resources. This workshop will take you through a process that will (1) enhance your existing LinkedIn profile, and (2) build an engaged network of career allies. Come prepared: bring your laptop, an existing LinkedIn profile, and the LinkedIn app on your smart phone, and get ready to build a powerful latticework of influence as you take your career to the next level.
Guest Presenter: Michael Goodman, PHR, Senior Human Resource Business Partner, Kforce
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
- Build your LinkedIn profile from the Top to the Bottom
- Learn techniques for making impactful connections
- Understand how to build content for sharing on LinkedIn
What We Will Cover:
- Review each section of your LinkedIn profile
- Building your profile to appear attractive and easy to read for recruiters
- Using formats that will optimize Search Engine Optimization
- How to make impactful connections
- Tips for building content for sharing on LinkedIn
- A laptop and power cord
- Your LinkedIn account username and password
- A basic LinkedIn profile
- The LinkedIn app on your smart phone
Workshop Length: 3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Dress: Business casual. Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 18 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.