12th December, 2019 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Develop a Résumé That Gets Results!
Is your résumé getting the attention it deserves? In 2019, your résumé needs to focus on your key skills, your industry/job function, a job description, and/or the type of company that would hire someone with your skills. This makes the résumé one of the key elements in your career transition. What purposes does it serve? How long should it be? Will your résumé get past the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and into human hands? During this workshop, you will revise and update your current résumé, see résumé samples, and gain specific information that will help ensure that your résumé gets results!
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
- Develop a professional résumé that gets attention based on your Career Summary and Areas of Expertise
- Understand the key elements of a résumé
- Recognize the differences between the two primary résumé formats – chronological and functional
- Prepare your résumé for online scanning (ATS)
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve company/organizational problems
What We Will Cover:
- The main sections of a résumé
- How to determine the résumé format that best represents your background and experience
- Optional résumé design elements: (1) for an ATS – Applicant Tracking System; (2) if you’re attaching it to an email; or (3) if you’re hand-delivering it to Human Resources or to a hiring manager
- How to write results-driven accomplishment statements using action verbs
- How to write an engaging Career Summary
Please bring a copy of your résumé.
3 hours. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.
< Back to list