13th February, 2020 - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Customize Your Résumé to Stand Out From the Crowd!
In today’s world of job search, recruiters and hiring managers spend approximately 15 seconds reviewing your résumé, and online applications are filtered by Applicant Tracking Systems. Tailoring your résumé to each job opportunity is an effective way to quickly demonstrate that you’re an excellent match for a specific job, which can result in more responses to your applications. Bring your current résumé and a job description to this workshop, and begin the customizing process to help you land the position you want.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
Supported by the Rooms to Go Foundation.
- Develop a version of your résumé that closely matches a job description
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve company/organizational problems
- Incorporate keywords in a logical way that are identified by search engines and scanners
What We Will Cover:
- How to tailor your résumé to the job description
- How to customize your summary to the key elements in a job description
- Ways to successfully modify accomplishment statements
- Analyze and assess job descriptions for what is most important
- Identify the keywords that will make your résumé stand out
- Determine what to include/exclude on your résumé
Please bring two copies of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: $15
Business casual. Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
OUR NEW LOCATION
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
1211 N. West Shore Blvd. Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited to 16 participants. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.