4th April, 2017 - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Special Full-Day Program
Are you just starting out in your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or are you considering a career change? No matter what your circumstances may be, understanding career transition and planning for your future are essential to remaining viable in today’s job market.
Where to begin? Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition is a comprehensive, full-day program that will enable you to hit the ground running using the tools and strategies necessary to navigate this time – or any time! – in your career. What will you discover? The skills, values, and interests that will make your next move a success, as well as the environment in which you do your best work. You’ll also begin to develop your professional brand. The information and insights you gain – combined with self-assessments and hands-on activities – will help you to move forward quickly and effectively with confidence!
- Develop a customized “roadmap” for your successful career transition
- Ensure that your résumé and LinkedIn profile are dynamic and engaging to the reader
- Navigate the career transition process using state-of-the-art tools and strategies
- Increase networking and interviewing proficiencies
What We Will Cover:
- Determine your skills, interests, and values through a series of self-assessments
- Enhance your LinkedIn Profile
- Create a more dynamic résumé and cover letter – in content and appearance
- Maximize your professional network
- Begin to develop your Professional Brand
- Handle interview questions with skill and diplomacy
- Target your desired companies
The program will be facilitated by Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist.
Materials To Bring:
- Your résumé
- A cover letter (optional)
- Business or networking cards (if you have them)
- Bring your own lunch, or eat nearby
8 hours, including time built in for lunch and breaks. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers, returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$25 – Early Registration (by March 31st)
$30 – After March 31
Register at Eventbrite.
Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
2101 E. Palm Ave.
Tampa, FL 33605