28th August, 2019 - 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
JOB-SEARCH BOOT CAMP
This comprehensive, full-day workshop is designed to kick your job search into high gear! Whether you are just starting your career, returning to the workforce, or considering a career change, it’s essential to learn current, relevant tools and strategies that are critical to today’s job search. No matter what stage of your career, this practical and interactive workshop is right for you.
Facilitated by a TBJL Career Strategist.
Hosted by Nonprofit Leadership Center
Sponsored by My Benefit Partners
- Develop a customized “roadmap” for your successful career transition
- Navigate the career transition process using state-of-the-art tools and strategies
- Ensure that your résumé and LinkedIn profile are dynamic and engaging
- Begin to develop your professional brand
- Optimize your reference list
- Increase interview effectiveness
- Compose dynamic cover letters, thank-you notes, and email
- Increase proficiencies for networking and informational meetings
What We Will Cover:
- Master change and transition
- Conduct self-assessments
- Strengthen your résumé
- Boost your LinkedIn profile
- Optimize your references
- Develop your professional brand
- Manage networking
- Enhance interview skills
Materials To Bring:
- Your résumé
- A cover letter (optional)
- Business or networking cards (if you have them)
7.5 hours, including time built in for lunch and breaks. Participants should plan to arrive at 8:15 AM. Program begins promptly at 8:30 AM.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
No cost to attend.
- A notebook of materials.
- Lunch from Inside the Box, a Metropolitan Ministries Social Enterprise.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
Nonprofit Leadership Center
1408 N. Westshore Blvd., Suite 140
Tampa, FL 33607
Seating is limited. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.