6th October, 2022 - 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM ET
Writing High-Impact Cover Letters
Most hiring managers find cover letters useless because they don’t communicate what is most needed. However, those same hiring managers acknowledge that an effective cover letter can be a quick ticket to an interview. Come learn the magic that can turn your introductory communication into a winner!
BONUS: Learn about effective Introductory Letters as well.
Guest presenter: Patti Breckenridge, Founder, People Connections of Florida LLC
Learn how to write cover letters that:
- Address the two topics of most interest to hiring managers and recruiters
- Avoid adding unnecessary information, and
- Use a format that is much easier to read than the traditional paragraph-dominated letter.
- Make it through the initial screening process
- Impress the hiring manager
What We Will Cover:
- What the hiring community wants to see in a cover letter
- How to answer crucial questions succinctly
- An effective cover letter template
- Writing and reviewing sample cover letters
- The elements of an introductory letter
Please bring printouts of 2 job postings that interest you.
Prepare a 15-second branding statement to introduce yourself.
1 hour and 15 minutes. Please plan to log into Zoom 5 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend: Free
Dress: Business casual
Virtual: Via Zoom
Registration Required: Please register below.
TampaBay-Job-Links, a program of Gulf Coast JFCS, is supported by philanthropic donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations.