TBJL offers ongoing programs such as Monday Morning LINKS and SUCCESS Workshops for individuals in career transition. These programs, which are open to individuals in the community, provide camaraderie and guidance, and are designed to assist with personal branding, résumé building, LinkedIn profile creation, social media use, interview practice, networking skill-building, and more. In addition, from time-to-time, Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition Evening Series and other special programs and events are offered, too. Advance registration is required. See our Calendar of Events for upcoming program and event descriptions.
Monday Morning LINKS
Leads, Information, Networking, Know-How and Strategies
A motivational program offered every Monday morning designed to help candidates prepare for the week ahead and to share conversation, contacts, and job-search information in a relaxed, friendly environment. A sampling of topics include:
- Why your job search may not be yielding results!
- The power of resilience: Bouncing back & staying positive!
- 8 strategies to negotiate a job offer
- How to identify and target your ideal job
- Keys to job search success at any age
- How to ace a phone or Skype interview
- 10 little things that make a difference to hiring managers
LINKS sessions are conducted by a professional career strategist and are free and available to the public. Registration is required. See Calendar of Events for upcoming LINKS sessions.
SUCCESS Workshop Series
Interactive training sessions focused on developing job search skills, tools, and strategies to accelerate a candidate’s career transition. Workshops are offered 3 – 4 times a month. A sampling of topics include:
- Interview Preparation (with live video recording and feedback)
- Written Communication – Words That Get You Hired
- Networking – The Best Way to Find Employment
- Customize Your Résumé for the Job You Want!
- Transferring Your Skills and Re-Careering
- How to Get the Maximum Out of LinkedIn
- Mastering Change and Transition
Workshops are conducted by a professional Career Strategist and are available to the public. The cost is $15 for guests and free for individualized full program participants. See Calendar of Events for a schedule of upcoming workshops. Registration is required.
SWITCHING GEARS EVENING WORKSHOP SERIES: A ROADMAP FOR CAREER TRANSITION
Switching Gears is a 4-session series of 2-hour evening workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, these 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of career transition, at whatever stage you may be. Enroll in the full series or any individual session. Topics include:
- Master Change & Transition
- Conduct Self-Assessments
- Develop a Professional Brand
- Strengthen Your Résumé & LinkedIn Profile
- Optimize Your References
- Manage Networking
- Conduct Informational Meetings
- Target and Research Companies
- Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques
- Compose Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes, & Email
These interactive workshops are conducted by a professional Career Strategist and available to the public. The cost is $15 per session, or $50 for the series of 4 sessions. Free for individualized full program participants. See Calendar of Events for a schedule of upcoming workshops. Registration is required.
JOB-SEARCH BOOT CAMP
The Job-Search Boot Camp is a full-day participatory workshop targeted to individuals who are looking to jump-start their job search and career transition. Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to learn current, relevant tools and strategies that are critical to today’s job search. The Boot Camp covers the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
This special full-day program is conducted by a professional Career Strategist and available to the public. The cost is $25, and participants bring their own lunch or eat nearby. Free for individualized full program participants. See Calendar of Events for a schedule of upcoming workshops. Registration is required.