15th March, 2017 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition
Evening Workshop Series – Session 2 of 4
Strengthen Your Résumé & LinkedIn Profile
Select and Optimize Your References
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
The Switching Gears Evening Workshops are a 4-session series of 2-hour participatory workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Session 2 – Outcomes:
- Enhance the key elements of your résumé.
- Imbue your résumé with the readability factor.
- Understand the essential components of a LinkedIn Profile.
- Develop a LinkedIn Summary that engages the reader.
- Select and customize your references.
Session 2 – What We Will Cover:
- The differences between a résumé and a LinkedIn Profile
- Making your résumé “robot-friendly”
- How to write an engaging Summary Statement for your résumé
- Ways to highlight your skills and accomplishments
- How to develop an engaging LinkedIn Headline and Summary
- Contact and coach your references
Session 2 – Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- A copy of your LinkedIn Headline and Summary
- Business cards (if you have them)
Amy Cleveland, Career Strategist
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$50 for the entire 4-part series or $15 per Switching Gears session
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.