7th February, 2018 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques, Compose Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes & Email
Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition – Evening Workshop Series Session 4 of 4
Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques
Compose Cover Letters, Thank-You Notes & Email
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Dinner will be provided.
Switching Gears – Evening Workshops are a 4 session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant, and practical tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Session 4 – Outcomes:
- Recognize the different types of interviews.
- Increase your effectiveness in answering challenging interview questions.
- Make your written communication jump off the page.
- Develop targeted cover letters and email.
Session 4 – What We Will Cover:
- How to answer the most-asked interview questions
- How to formulate questions during an interview that demonstrate your intelligence, curiosity, and experience
- Develop written communication that gets attention and makes a positive impression
- Customizing your written correspondence
Session 4 – Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- Writing samples: cover letter, thank-you note, emails (if you have them)
- Business cards (if you have them)
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$50 for the entire 4-part series or $15 per Switching Gears session.
Free for TBJL program participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.