9th November, 2017 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Transferring Your Skills and Re-Careering
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the decision to transfer skills to a new work function or industry: the current job market, salary, lack of job satisfaction, and/or lifestyle changes. The decision to transfer your skills and re-career is an important one; however there is a great deal you can do prior to making this decision through research, planning, and preparation.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, Career Strategist
- Determine if re-careering is the right move for you
- Identify your transferrable skills
- Explore potential skill uses and career changes
- Identify the best networking contacts to help you re-career
What We Will Cover:
- Assess and analyze your work values and skills
- Determine your competency and interest level for many types of skills
- Identify potential new target careers or industries
- Understand the 5-step career-change plan
- Identify specific network contacts for your career-change options
Please bring a copy of your résumé.
3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Registration Required: Call (813) 344-0200 or RSVP below.