17th August, 2017 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Transferring Your Skills and Re-Careering
In an ever-changing job market, you need to be resilient and your skills need to be on-trend. What’s important is to identify the combination of skills you prefer to use, are highly competent in, and that are also marketable. In this workshop, you will identify both generic and specific skills that can most easily be transferred to a new job, work function, or industry and, once identified, how to use them productively during job search.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, Career Strategist
- Identify your transferrable skills
- Determine the industries and job functions where those skills are applicable
- Identify the best networking contacts to help you re-career
What We Will Cover:
- How to analyze and assess many types of skills
- Determine your competency and interest level for each type of skill
- Identify potential new target careers or industries
- Explore 9 different career-change options
- Understand the 5-step career change plan
- Identify specific network contacts for your career-change options
Please bring a copy of your résumé.
3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Registration Required: Call (813) 344-0200 or RSVP below.