4th May, 2017 - 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Preparing for Your Interview
For some people, even the thought of a job interview can be intimidating. However, with proper preparation, you can become a confident interviewee, an active listener, and someone who asks interesting, appropriate questions. Gain an inside look at the different types of interviews, learn to develop customized interview strategies, and have an opportunity to be video recorded, where you will gain valuable feedback on your live interview. Bring a relevant job description along with an interview scenario, two copies of your résumé, and dress in business attire.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, Career Strategist
- Understand and identify different types of interviews
- Be prepared to answer any type of interview question
- Ask specific questions based on your research, as well as from the interview itself
- Increase your comfort level with the interview process
What We Will Cover:
- The different types of interviews and their characteristics
- How to develop a strategy for each type of interview
- The 4 different ways that people communicate during an interview
- How to minimize stress in a high pressure situation
- Ways to handle unexpected or challenging questions
- Selecting the most relevant accomplishments to use during the interview
- How to answer nearly 40 interview questions
- Developing relevant interview questions to ask
- Two copies of your résumé
- A relevant job description
- An interview scenario
Workshop Length: 6½ hours (plus a one-hour lunch break), plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.