1st June, 2017 - 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Networking - The Best Way to Find Employment!
Networking has been defined as the cultivation of productive relationships – to seek employment, to make business connections, or for personal use. Yet, for all its benefits, there are many people, particularly job seekers, who are not comfortable – or who even avoid – taking part in this valuable activity. This workshop examines the skill of in-person networking from several vantage points, so that you leave with the confidence and ability to meet new people, cultivate relationships, and leverage those relationships to find leads to employment opportunities.
- Develop tools and techniques for effective, successful networking
- Present yourself to others with confidence and competence
- Customize your 30-second commercial to your audience
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts
What We Will Cover:
- The major types of networks
- Identifying people who are in your network
- Prioritizing the people to contact
- Where to find new networking opportunities
- Ways to network with the 4 different personality types
- Developing a sample networking conversation
- How targeted e-mails can enhance your networking activities
Bring business or networking cards (if you have them) and your 30-second commercial.
3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.