15th March, 2018 - 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Is Your Network Working for You?
Experts report that 70% to 85% of jobs are filled through networking contacts and activities. Networking is defined as the cultivation of productive relationships – whether seeking employment, making business connections, or for personal use. Yet, for all its benefits, there are many job seekers who are not comfortable – or who may even avoid – using networking as a job-search tool. This workshop introduces the concept of purpose-driven networking, a way to focus in on your networking goals and to obtain the information and connections you need.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, TBJL Career Strategist
- Develop tools and techniques for effective networking
- Present yourself to others with confidence and competence
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts
- Acquire tools and strategies to expand your network
- Develop a networking conversation
What We Will Cover:
- The major types of networks
- Identifying key people who are in your network
- Prioritizing your contact list
- Ways to expand your network
- How to network with the 4 different PeopleMap™ personality types
- Developing a sample networking conversation
- Using targeted email to enhance your networking activities
Bring business or networking cards (if you have them) and prepare your 30-second commercial.
3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Seating is limited. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.