25th January, 2018 - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Getting Organized and Staying on Track During Your Job Search
Conducting a job search can be a daunting task – and it’s a full-time job! The ability to organize yourself and manage your daily and weekly activities can spell the difference between successfully reaching your goals or experiencing embarrassing mistakes and/or constant disappointments. Not only can being well organized help you to work at your job search smarter, it can also help you to define ways to distinguish yourself from the competition. Learn practical tools and strategies for getting and staying organized!
Facilitated by Bob Barry, TBJL Career Strategist
- Treat your job search like a job
- Use the proper tools to plan your activities
- Track and record your key actions
- Avoid distractions
- Leave a lasting, positive impression with interviewers
- Evaluate your progress and adapt
What We Will Cover:
- How to structure your day for maximum results
- The advantages of prioritizing tasks & planning each day
- How to manage your time and avoid having your time manage you
- Key time-management principles
- The art of distinguishing yourself from other candidates
No materials needed for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.