29th March, 2018 - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Customize Your Résumé for the Job You Want!
This workshop focuses on ways to tailor your résumé to highlight the key components of a job description. By using a hiring company’s own words, reflecting the company’s needs within your accomplishments, and using relevant keywords, you will more easily be viewed as a qualified candidate, and one who stands out from the crowd. During this workshop, you will develop portions of a customized résumé for a specific job description that you’ve selected.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, TBJL Career Strategist
- Develop a version of your résumé that closely matches a job description
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve company/organizational problems
- Incorporate keywords in a logical way that is identified by search engines and scanners
What We Will Cover:
- How to tailor your résumé to the job description
- How to customize your summary to the key elements in a job description
- Ways to successfully modify accomplishment statements
- Analyze and assess job descriptions for what is most important
- Identify the keywords that will make your résumé stand out
- Determine what to include/exclude on your résumé
Please bring two copies of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Seating is limited. Please register below, or call (813) 344-0200.