18th May, 2017 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
5 Steps to Successfully Negotiate a Job Offer
Are you prepared to negotiate a job offer? Recent LinkedIn research indicates that 42 percent of job seeking professionals in the United States are uncomfortable negotiating; the study also indicates that many people report feeling nervous or anxious about negotiating. Failure to negotiate is like money lost; however, there are things you can do to take the lead and get the compensation package you want.
- Understand the importance of negotiation as a job search tool
- Develop a negotiating strategy and plan
- Identify the elements of your ideal job
- Increase your skill at negotiating
What We Will Cover:
- How to mentally prepare for a negotiating session
- The importance of research prior to negotiating
- The components of a negotiation strategy
- Determining the most important negotiable elements
Please bring a copy of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below or call (813) 344-0200.