11th January, 2018 - 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
5 Steps to Successfully Negotiate a Job Offer
Are you prepared to negotiate a job offer? Recent LinkedIn research indicates that 42 percent of job-seeking professionals in the United States are uncomfortable negotiating; the study also indicates that many people report feeling nervous or anxious about negotiating. Failure to negotiate well is like money lost; however, there are things you can do to take the lead and get the compensation package you want.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, TBJL Career Strategist
- Understand the importance of negotiation as a job search tool
- Develop a negotiating strategy and plan
- Identify the elements of your ideal negotiation package
- Increase your skill at negotiating
What We Will Cover:
- How to mentally prepare for a negotiating session
- The importance of research prior to negotiating
- The components of a negotiation strategy
- Determine the most important negotiable elements
Please bring a copy of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
3 1/2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below or call (813) 344-0200.